You are here
Raise a Readasaurus
CNIB’s Readasaurus Kit has fun tips and tools you can use with a child who has vision loss, to develop literacy skills.
What’s in the kit?
- Family Guide explaining the importance of literacy to success in life and the different ways a child with vision loss can read
- Audio story book on CD featuring 3 books from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Activity Book with tips, tactile exercises and ideas for games that teach skills in listening, touch, movement and comprehension
- Activity materials, including tactile stickers, Wikki Stix, a braille ruler and magnifier – and inspiration for creating your own
- Door hanger and glow-in-the dark braille wrist bands to remind families and kids that literacy is a part of everyday life
How to get a Kit
Contact email@example.com to find out who is eligible to receive a Readasaurus Kit.
Find out what people are saying about the Readasaurus Kit
Go to our Share page to be inspired by other parents and caregivers!
Can't wait to get started?
Family Guide (Word)
Activity Book (Word) - does not include tactile pages
Start reading: Get some books!
Get tips for making tactile and texture books, find out where to take free online courses and learn where to buy toys, books and educational products on our More Good Stuff page.
Learn more about different types of books for kids with vision loss and why braille = success
Be sure to check out our 'Literacy for kids with vision loss' board on Pinterest
Readasaurus Kit generously funded by Green Shield Canada.